Orwell Offshore has over the years gained considerable experience in the design of bespoke mooring systems for FPSO and FSO operations.
Orwell Offshore’s standard packages includes a generic external cantilever turret suitable for integration with a converted or new build FSO/FPSO up to VLCC size hulls. This turret is suitable for benign and moderate environments. The turret has capacity for up to ten risers or umbilicals and the chain table can accommodate between 6 and 12 mooring lines.
The use of standardised components reduces schedule and minimises risk during fabrication. The generic turret solution is designed to comply with all recognised offshore standards including DNV, ABS and Lloyds Register.
- Generic components including chain table, turret and structures designed for moderate environmental conditions and water depths of 50m upwards keeping steel weights to a minimum.
- Integrated system allowing high degree of outfitting prior to installation on the FPSO.
- Modular swivel stack arrangement which can be upgraded in field for tie back of future wells or when relocating asset to new fields.
- Integrated chain table access for mooring pull-in.
- Automatic latching mechanisms for riser pull-in/bend stiffener connection on underside of turret and easy access to riser hang off deck from above.
- Easy access to ESD valves, pigging systems through raised pedestal platforms.
Turret Mooring Solutions Brochure