Orwell Offshore has over the years gained considerable experience in the design of bespoke mooring systems for FPSO and FSO operations.
Our engineering capability combined with the experience of our marine personnel allows practical solutions to be developed, backed up by the latest engineering design capability.
Orwell Offshore’s standard packages includes a generic external cantilever turret suitable for integration with a converted or new build FSO/FPSO up to VLCC size hulls. This turret is suitable for benign and moderate environments and can be supplied with a toroidal fluid swivel system or fitted with owner- supplied swivel system. The turret has capacity for up to ten risers or umbilicals and the chain table can accommodate between 6 and 12 mooring lines.
The generic design incorporates standard components from Orwell Offshore’s harsh weather turret including standardised chain table, turret, swivel pedestal and cantilever sections. The use of standardised components reduces schedule and minimises risk during fabrication. The generic turret solution is designed to comply with all recognised offshore standards including DNV, ABS and Lloyds Register.
Orwell Offshore’s generic turret solution offers clients a fast track, reduced cost and reduced risk option for their field development opportunities.
- Generic components including chain table, turret and structures designed for moderate environmental conditions and water depths of 50m upwards keeping steel weights to a minimum.
- Integrated system allowing high degree of outfitting prior to installation on the FPSO.
- Modular swivel stack arrangement which can be upgraded in field for tie back of future wells or when relocating asset to new fields.
- Integrated chain table access for mooring pull-in.
- Automatic latching mechanisms for riser pull-in/bend stiffener connection on underside of turret and easy access to riser hang off deck from above.
- Easy access to ESD valves, pigging systems through raised pedestal platforms.